Wednesday, November 23, 2011

"Are there puppies in the America too?!"

As promised: My Internship in India, Playing With Puppies Edition
Ok, not exactly. I swear, I do have a real internship, but come on....

ADORABLE!

Just a few yards away from the hospital, there is a little shed housing four of some of the cutest puppies I have ever seen! One afternoon, Brie, Joseph and I were walking back from a ice-cream-snack-break on the school's playground (yes, we sometimes go to eat Popsicles while playing on the teeter-totter... what of it?), and we heard some whimpering.  With a closer look, we saw them! Four cute, and very tiny, puppies.




The entirely black one is my favorite :)

Given that their home is so close to my home... I often go to check if they are awake and playing outside.  I am careful not to get too close when 'mama' is around, for fear of 1) rabies and 2) rabies... but if they are out, it is fun to see them trip clumsily over their paws, nervously come up to lick my fingers, and occasionally alow me to hold them and love them immensely. It is truly one of the highlights of my days here.  The best is when kids are hanging around the shed too (what?! kids and puppies hanging out with me = perfect life).  As seen in the title of this post, the kids get really inquisitive by my interactions with the puppies.

On a few other positive notes...

My internship is going really well! I have made a lot of progress on my manual, and I have generated some interesting data based on some of the surveys I created.  Next up on my internship check-list: to meet with the mothers/female family members of the girls and initiate a discussion AND host a "how to care for yourself during menstruation" demonstration session.

Brie, Joseph and I are going back to Mysore to join the others for an Indian Thanksgiving: Pizza Hut Rs. 99 Weekday Special! (though, I will be missing my mom's dressing and sweet potato pie INCREDIBLE amounts)

Given the previous note.. I have started going for runs again! That's right... I am running. Legitimately. And eating better. And doing ab workouts/crunches every morning.  I suppose something has to make up for my ice-cream-snack-breaks and pizza excursions...

Also, I will be home in 3 weeks from today!


No comments:

Post a Comment