Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mail from Italia!!


Samantha is studying abroad in Florence Italy this semester.  I miss her terribly, and often question why we allowed ourselves to study abroad opposite semesters of the same year.  I probably got her letter on the best day possible -- it has been a long week.  Inside contained one of my favorite song lyrics:

Hey, my friend. It seems your eyes are troubled, care to share your time with me.
Would you say you're feeling low and so a good idea would be to get it off your mind.
See, you and me have a better time than most can dream.
Have it better than the best; and so can pull on through --
whatever tears are us, whatever holds us down, and if nothing can be done,
We'll make the best of what's around.

The Italian stamps, the letter, the birthday card -- perfect. I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment