Sunday, April 29, 2012

Study Abroad: Take 2


Doesn't this look like fun?  This is what I will be studying when I go to Israel May 10-May 28 for my second study abroad opportunity of my college career.

In a last minute application decision, I applied to study for a 2.5 week term in Herzliya, Israel.  Called: Israel and Middle East Policy, the program sounded like too incredible of an opportunity to pass up.  The Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs in partnership with the Lauder School of Government of the Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) in Herzliya offer SU undergrads foreign study with some of the world's top foreign affairs experts. The IDC's Institute for Counter-Terrorism (ICT) is one of the leading academic institutes and think tanks for counter-terrorism in the world.

I am excited to learn how Israelis view their conflict with the Arab world; in addition, we will be able to explore how Israelis deal with terrorism and other security issues in their country.  There are a number of interesting lectures I get to attend, several travel opportunities (including trips to Nazareth, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and the Sea of Galilee).  Not to mention, I will be staying in a hotel on the Mediterranean ..

Needless to say, as my semester in Syracuse winds down - I am so excited to be in Israel in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment