Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Buddha is Beautiful


Earlier this week, a small group of us decided to visit Namdroling - a Tibetan Monastery not too far from Mysore.  Nestled off the Indian back roads, this place was a little oasis of sorts.  We were also lucky to have picked such a beautiful day to go.  The monastery is home to nearly 5000 monks and nuns and is a center for the pure upholding of the teachings of the Buddha.  I had an incredible time exploring the grounds, enjoying the peace found within each temple, and simply feeling like I was outside of India for a short while.  It was an entirely different world there.  Not to mention, I chowed down on some delicious Chicken Dumplings at a Tibetan Hotel - something you definitely don't get in downtown Mysore.  Also.. I am really enjoying all of the religious experiences I am having on this trip. Truly.


 The Golden Temple 

 Tibetan Culture is so colorful and beautifully decorated

 The Prayer Hall

 Anyone who knows me knows I love Tibetan Prayer Flags..

 They were everywhere (obviously)
But it was beautiful

Lame-Loner-Tourist-Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment